Access Welcomes 20 New Volunteers
Recently we challenged you to get “involved,” and you responded in a fantastic way! In fact, we’ve had 20 new volunteers sign up for positions in Waumba, UpStreet, Host Team, and Service Programming. Amazing! We are so encouraged by this.
Over the next couple of weeks, you’ll have a chance to speak with Zoie, who will explain available positions and help you determine where you might be able to jump in at the point of greatest need. We’ll pair you with someone who’s already doing that job, for some “intentional apprenticing.” Finally, we’ll have a training day on August 12 to answer any questions you might have about your role.
Then, BAM! Before you know it, you’re a pro! September will be here, Access will be meeting in two services in the morning, and you will be making it all happen!
For those of you who are still considering trying Access, let me explain what this means for you:
- A volunteer will help you find a parking space
- A volunteer will greet you in the hall and help you check your kids into Waumba (Birth-PreK) or UpStreet (K-5)
- A volunteer will lead your kid’s small group, lead them in worship, and tell them a Bible story
- A volunteer will help you find a seat in the Auditorium
- A volunteer will run the lights, sound, and video during the service, so that you can enjoy the experience with excellence and without distraction
- A volunteer will answer your questions at the Information Desk
- A volunteer will equip you with resources to take home for yourself or a friend
Wow! Do you understand why our volunteers are so key? We’re really pumped to have these 20 new folks on board. We could still use five or ten more. Are you willing to get involved? Shoot us an email!
Watch this video to see what our current volunteers have to say about serving at Access.